Valued at approximately £9bn, NILGOSC is the largest pension fund in Northern Ireland and we are looking for a Team Leader to join our Pensions Payroll team and help us provide an excellent service to our members.
The Role: you will be responsible for leading and motivating staff; helping ensure the day-to-day operation of the team runs smoothly; allocating and prioritising work; ensuring performance standards are achieved; and ensuring staff are appraised, trained and developed so they can competently undertake their duties in line with Local Government Pension Scheme regulations.
The Person: we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enjoys working as part of a team and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will need:
- Five GCSEs (including English Language and Mathematics) and four years’ experience*
- five GCSEs, level three qualifications and three years’ experience*
- five GCSEs, a level five/six qualification and two years’ experience*.
*experience of running a computerised payroll process from end to end (for at least 100+)
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework governing the administration of payroll, HMRC and other relevant legislation.
- One year’s experience of allocating, checking and monitoring the work of others.
What you get in return:
- 35 hour working week (Mon-Fri);
- flexitime options;
- 23 days annual leave and 12 statutory holidays per year;
- opportunity to gain relevant qualifications;
- convenient location with ample free, on-street parking; and
- generous life cover as a member of the NI Local Government Pension Scheme
For more details: please go to our downloads section below where you will find full details on the role, including a Job Description, full criteria and monitoring form.
Interested? If you would like to join us, please send us your CV along with a completed monitoring form.
Closing date: Your CV, monitoring form and any supporting document must be returned no later than 10 am on Monday, 4 December 2023.
Please note that future vacancies may be filled from a waiting list, which will be held following this competition.
We do not require any assistance or CVs from agencies at this stage
NILGOSC is committed to an Equal Opportunities Policy and to appointing the best person for the job irrespective of religion, political opinion, gender, disability, racial group, age, marital status, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants. However, as employees with a disability and males are currently underrepresented in our workforce we would particularly welcome applicants from these groupings. All appointments will be made on merit.