Employer Scheme Administration
- Do employers still need to complete their annual returns?
- We have suggested ill-health retirement for one of our employees – will this process be affected?
- What are the most important Scheme administration tasks for employers during this period?
Re-employment, Secondment, Redundancy, Emergency Volunteer Leave and Reserve Forces Service Leave
- A deferred or pensioner member is part of emergency staffing; how does this affect their pension benefits?
- An active member is seconded as part of emergency staffing; how does this affect their pension benefits?
- Can employers re-employ NILGOSC pensioners or deferred members (Returnees)
- How does an employer treat those called up on Reserve Forces Service leave?
- How is Emergency Volunteer Leave treated under the Scheme?
- What is the impact on member pensions if an employer makes staff redundant?
- What is the impact on pension if an employer authorises unpaid leave?
- Will employer contribution rates be affected by the pandemic?
- Can employers take a contribution holiday?
- Can members take a contribution holiday?
- Can members make contributions to NILGOSC in respect of temporary jobs outside of NILGOSC employers?
- Can employers delay paying over employee contributions?
- What happens if an employer pays over its contributions late?
- Can an employer defer payment of strain costs e.g. redundancy costs?
- What happens if an employer is in severe financial difficulty?