Skip to content

What happens to my pension if I take up another job?

If you get a job outside of Local Government with an employer that does not participate in the Scheme, your Scheme pension will not be affected.

Please note that a compensatory pension awarded under the Local Government Compensation Regulations can be abated and it is essential that you advise NILGOSC of your re-employment irrespective of whether you have re-joined the Scheme.

If you are unsure whether or not your employer is in the LGPS (NI), please contact us or visit Contributing Employing Authorities where you will find a list of employers that currently contribute to the Scheme.

Back to top