Help and support
We’re here to help you make the most of your pension with us. Whether you’re considering joining the scheme or are considering retirement, we have a range of guidance and resources to help you make the right decision for you.
If you need to speak to our team then feel free to get in touch.
Frequently asked questions
Calculating your pension
- Can I give up part of my annual pension for a lump sum?
- Can I receive my pension benefits as a one-off lump sum?
- What pay is used to calculate my retirement benefits?
- How does the pension I am building up keep up with the cost of living?
- Can I keep on paying into the Scheme if I take voluntary redundancy?
- Can I use my statutory redundancy payment from my employer to increase my NILGOSC benefits?
- Can I use some of my redundancy payment to buy a larger pension?
- Does my pension increase each year?
- How much tax will I pay on my pension?
Transferring in pension
- Can I transfer Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) into the Scheme?
- How do I transfer?
- If you have pension rights in a non-LGPS arrangement
- If you have pension rights in another public service pension scheme where Club Transfer rules apply
- Who can help me find a previous pension provider?