All public authorities are required to adopt the model scheme as stipulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office*. NILGOSC has adopted the scheme set out for all Non-Departmental Public Bodies. The Publication Scheme sets out the information that NILGOSC will publish and how it will do so. Publication does not refer solely to printed material. Publication has been interpreted as broadly as possible to include electronic documents, information on the website, minutes of meetings, reports and leaflets.
The Publication Scheme relates to information created by NILGOSC or, in some cases, to information created by NILGOSC in partnership with other organisations. The classes of information to be published are set out under defined headings which reflect the categories of information provided by NILGOSC. The specific types of information available under each of these classes can be accessed below and is also available via the Guide to Information (*PDF, 231KB)
Click here to view the full Publication Scheme (*PDF, 241KB)
The links below are to organisational information, structures, locations and contacts. It also includes biographies of NILGOSC Committee members and the Senior Management Team, information about the legal basis for our activities and information about how to contact us.
- About NILGOSC
- Location and Contact Details
- Administration of the Pension Scheme
- Governance Policy Statement (*PDF 397KB)
- Committee Terms of Reference (*PDF 223KB)
- Management Statement (*PDF 255KB)
- Pension Board
- Biographies of Committee Members
- Meeting Attendance
- Advisors to the Committee
- Organisational Structure
- Biographies of the Senior Management Team
- Legislative Basis – Scheme Legislation and Regulations
- List of Employers Contributing to the Scheme
This section links to financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, fund management and our pay and grading structures.
- Annual Reports and Accounts
- Purchasing Policy (PDF*, 159KB)
- Public Tenders
- Local Government Pay and Grading Structures (*PDF, 46KB)
The pay and terms and conditions of employment for many local government services’ workers are set out by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services.
The current National Joint Council salary scales are shown in the above link. These scales are effective from 1 April 2021.
- Travel Rates (*PDF, 243KB)
Travel Rates are set out by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services.
The travel rates shown above were agreed for 2010/11 and are still in use.
- Expenses and Subsistence Allowances (Staff & Committee) (*PDF, 54KB)
This section links to decision making processes and records of decisions.
Our policies and procedures This section links to current written protocols that we follow when delivering our services and responsibilities.
- Complaints Procedure
- Retention and Disposal Schedule (*PDF 4.1MB)
- Purchasing Policy (*PDF, 156KB)
- Equality Scheme
- Freedom of Information Policy (*PDF 306KB)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme (*PDF 232KB)
- Data Protection Policy (*PDF, 115KB)
- Communication Policy (*PDF 643KB)
- National Fraud Initiative
- Governance Policy Statement (*PDF 231KB)
- Statement of Investment Principles (*PDF 192KB)
- Funding Strategy Statement (*PDF 284KB)
- Employment Policies – Copies of policies can be made available on request.
- Information Risk Policy (*PDF 289KB)
- Raising Concerns Policy (*PDF 112KB)
- Anti-Bribery Policy (*PDF 95KB)
- Statement of Responsible Investment (*PDF 156KB)
- Proxy Voting Policy (*PDF, 274KB)
*Page(s) will open in a new window
- Register of Committee Members’ and Officers’ Interests
- Register of Gifts and Hospitality – This is not available on the website but details can be made available on request.
- Information Asset Register (PDF, 158kb)
This section links to the leaflets, guidance and newsletters produced for administration of the Scheme.